Our Close Protection training course (Formally Phoenix CP) provides delegates with the awareness and specialist capabilities to enable them to operate safely and effectively in demanding and complex environments. The course is aimed at service leavers and those already operating within the private security industry.
On passing this 19 day course,delegates will gain the following qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 3 in Close Protection
- Qualification Network (QNUK) Level 3 Award for First Responders
This will enable them to apply for a front line licence in Close Protection from the Security Industry Association (SIA).
Close Protection Training Syllabus
- First Responder medical certified by QNUK
- Conflict management and incident reaction
- Contingency planning
- Close Protection foot and vehicle drills
- Close Protection roles, protocols and responsibilities
- Close Protection planning and leadership skills
- Mobile navigation and communications
- Search skills
- Phoenix CP physical intervention, control and restraint
- Threat and risk assessment
- Travel pattern analysis and surveillance awareness
- Venue based security
Our close protection training team is made up of predominately former UK Special Forces personnel who bring with them a mix of operational expertise and professional qualifications to the design and delivery of our courses.
Link to Our Team
This comprehensive training package is conducted at our UK facilities in Herefordshire
New price £ 3095 + VAT (£3714 incl VAT)
This price is fully inclusive and covers accommodation, meals, instruction and exam fees.
Please note: ELCAS only pay 80% towards the Exam & Instruction fees and do NOT contribute towards food & accommodation.
G4S Risk Consulting Ltd is an Approved ELC Provider
The G4S Phoenix Close Protection (CP) course has been approved by the MOD for ELC funding.If you are a Service Leaver, or have left the services within the last 10 years you may be eligible to apply. The MOD's Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC) is an initiative to promote lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces.The ELC scheme provides financial support in the form of a single up-front payment in each of a maximum of three separate financial years. Please contact your re-settlement office or visit the ELCAS website www.enhancedlearningcredits.com for further information
Benefits of our Close Protection training
- Our graduates are highly sought after for a wide variety of Close Protection opportunities worldwide
- High quality instructors and training
- Empathy with service leavers
- To date, we have trained over 3,000 CP Officers.
Link to Testimonials pages
Roles that G4S recruit for include close protection officers in support of our contracts in complex environments overseas and a variety of security roles in the UK.
Our first hand experience of the security industry and the potential for career progression within it, means that we have seen those within close protection roles move into more strategic and advisory roles. Taking account of this, we also offer additional courses and modules in security management, medical and security assessment to enable this career progression.