Our Hostile Environment Awareness Training course prepares participants to operate safely and effectively in a diverse range of challenging environments globally.
Hostile Environment Awareness Training (2 Day Course)
Our Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) courses are designed to prepare those who will be travelling to or living in hazardous and remote fragile environments. This innovative course combines classroom based theory with relevant practical scenarios, many of which are based on real life experiences.
On completion of the course, delegates will be able to recognise and avoid threats to their safety, enabling them to operate effectively in challenging situations.
In addition to the standard course, we also deliver two further modules which extend the course to either three or four days, depending on requirements and if necessary can adapt the curriculum to suit individual needs.
Module 1 (2 Days)
Generic Learning Objectives
- Country specific security briefing
- Threat and risk mitigation workshop
- Cultural awareness
- Situational awareness
- International travel
- Journey management
- Residence and hotel security awareness
- Personal security awareness
- Vehicle security and car jacking techniques
- Personal protective equipment
- Emergency equipment, wearing of appropriate clothing and use of a grab bag
- Working alongside Close Protection Officers and the use of armoured vehicles
- Use of locally employed guides or drivers
- Checkpoint awareness
- Weapons effects and use of cover
- Improvised explosive devices (IED)
- Suicide bombers techniques
- Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) recognition
- Mine awareness
- Minefield extraction drills from vehicle and on foot
- Loss of liberty and survival techniques
- Active attack
- Practical scenario training
Basic medical training is a fundamental part of our standard HEAT course comprising of the following subjects:
- Haemorrhage control
- Primary and Secondary Survey
Hostile Environment Driver Training Module 2 (1 Day)
Off-Road Driver Training :
- Off road driving techniques over varying terrains, incorporating vehicle self -recovery drills
In addition to this on the 3 day course the Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) syllabus will be completed and certificate issued. This will include additional modules pertinent to operating in a hostile environment.
Our Training Team
Our training team predominately consists of former UK military Special Forces personnel who bring a mix of operational expertise and professional teaching qualifications to the design and delivery of our courses
Course fees and Dates
- Available on application
Please complete the course enquiry form or call us on (+44) 01989 550325 for further information on prices and advice
Training takes place at our dedicated facility in Herefordshire but can also be conducted anywhere in the world depending on client requirements.